Translate

Thursday, October 16, 2014

The sport of the whole world

If you love sports, than you're going to love soccer. Soccer is a sport that is played with 11 players on each team, a ball, and a ref. The simplicity of the sport makes it famous, because all you need is a ball and you are set to play. Soccer can either we watched, played or both.

I personally like soccer, it is my favorite sport. I not only follow my favorite team in mexico, but also other teams around the world. In Germany I follow Borussia Dortmund, in France I follow AS Monaco, in the Netherlands I follow Ajax, in England I follow Liverpool, and in Italy I follow Juventus. There are so many teams in the world that any one can choose their favorite, no matter were you are from.

Soccer is one of the most competitive sports in the world. So competitive that there is even a competition called the world cup,even more famous than the Super Bowl. If your city or state doesn't have a team, you can follow your country. Support it through the rough and hard stages of the world cup. Were every player will be fighting for their country with not only skill but also heart and soul. Soccer is perfect sport for anyone in the world.

The first records of football were in China during the 2nd and 3rd centuries BC. In China, it was during the Han dynasty that people dribbled leather balls by kicking it into a small net (History of Soccer). Modern soccer generated in England, were anything was allowed to get the ball to their target, that violence broke out. Forcing King Edward III to banned soccer from England. From than on soccer got famous in schools and later in the whole world, that there were 270 million active players in 2006(Fifa).

Soccer is a huge sport that is played all over the world. A sport that unites men and women, countries, and continents together,"After three years of civil war, feuding factions talked for the first time in years, and the president called a truce. Because the Ivory Coast qualified for the World Cup for the first time. Because, as everyone knows, a country united makes for better cheerleaders than a country divided."(The Soccer Wars). I love soccer, and I know you will too.


5 comments:

  1. I really like your post Felix, it covers the basics of football (soccer) really well, and I think someone wanting to get an introduction to football should read your post, as it provides insight as to just how huge the sport is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I immensely enjoyed this post, soccer being my favorite sport as well. I like that you added some history of the sport, as I had been fairly curious about the start of the sport. A personal question, what is your opinion on people saying soccer isn't a contact sport? I have had various people attempt to convince me that it isn't, to which I then wondered where in the world all my bruises and scars came from if it isn't a contact sport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they don't teach you about the origins of soccer in history class. I love the quote at the end from The Soccer Wars. I enjoyed how this post was about the impact of soccer socially and not a blind praising. Although I would like to know more about how soccer is the perfect sport for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked your post because it talked about the history/origins of soccer, which was nice to read about. Also, it was fascinating to read about how soccer stopped a civil war. I thought your post was great, however, I don't agree with your last sentence, because not everyone likes sports and everybody has their difference preferences. For example, I'm not a big sports fan, and I don't follow any sport. Honestly, even though I thought your post was insightful, I'm still not going to start watching soccer or any sport on T.V..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a general understanding of soccer as my family loves to watch the World Cup every time soccer season rolls around but this really explained its history and the importance behind the sport. Now the meaning of fĂștbol seems fascinating, especially how it can unify a nation. I may even go read "The Soccer Wars" after that last comment. I was rooting for Argentina in the finals ;(.

    ReplyDelete