Translate

Monday, December 15, 2014

Got'a catch em all

When I was a little kid, around five years old, I got my first game. My first game was for the Nintendo 64 and it was Pokémon snap. The game basically had to do with Oak's grandson going around taking pictures of Pokémon. The main reason I loved the game was because I was able to either out Pokémon to sleep or my favorite, hit them with apples. I would smash that A button for hours hitting Pikachus in their faces. Good old times, sitting their for hours hitting pickachus for hours, made pokemon a very special game for me.

My next game console was the game boy color, and with it I got pokemon red. It was a nice game, I finished it and ended up catching them all ( at the time there were only 151 pokemon). Next was the Gameboy advance, a nice upgrade since it had its on build in light. I got pokemon emerald with it leading me to getting more and more pokemon games. That same year I went trough five Gameboy advances, I record I still hold to this day. I remember trying to beat emerald, and thinking that this was the hardest game I had ever played. This was nothing compared to hitting pikachus with apples, it was a different story, pikachus were beating me up now. The pikachus were finally getting their revenge from the hours I spend hitting them in the face with apples. I finally finished the game a year after my friend lend me his legendary pokemon.

With the remakes of the games that came out recently, I was feeling that nostalgia. I was finally going to play that game that I played ten years ago. When I got the game recently and turn on the game I felt really happy, like a five year old in the holidays.

The little things are what make me happy. You will never know what will make you remember your child hood, like me hitting all those pikachus in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment